Each spring, the Women & Gender Collaborative hosts the CSU Gender Summit
for those working on gender equity and gender-related efforts across campus at CSU.
The CSU Gender Summit is a culminating event to support activities of the
Women & Gender Collaborative’s Committees and the Systems-Based Leadership Development through Service Model.
CSU Gender Summit
March 11th and 12th, 2019
North Ballroom, Lory Student Center
The CSU Gender Summit serves multiple purposes:
- Increase visibility of efforts across campus and highlight exceptional achievements
- Create opportunities for healing and repair to support well-being and community as we continue to move forward in the work of advancing gender equity
- Share critical information and perspectives to support consistency in language, priorities, and implementation among recommending and programming groups and all other gender-related efforts
- Collect data and gather feedback to help elucidate the most complex and challenging obstacles regarding how to promote gender equity on campus
- Help recruit for new committee members
Recognitions & Summit Showcase
March 11th - 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
The CSU Gender Summit begins with a recognition of accomplishments and achievements. A resource fair will showcase activities, groups, and resources across campus, including committees connected to the Women & Gender Collaborative and other gender-related efforts. This will celebrate achievements; increase visibility of gender equity efforts; provide information for networking with others; inspire ideas for how to engage; and foster a sense of momentum and collective action.
Healing & Repair
March 11th – 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
This session offers a unique and important opportunity for healing and repair by engaging in story sharing and personal reflection. The goal will be to hold space for listening, recognition, and support for pain and trauma that has been experienced within, or because of, our campus community so that we might be better able to work collectively from a place of liberation.
March 12th – 9:00 am to 11:45 am
Plenary sessions provide critical information for all gender-related campus efforts to be inclusive and effective in advancing gender equity. These sessions include identifying significant trends and areas of priority across campus that all gender-related groups should be aware of as they continue their work.
- 9:00 – 9:45 am – Intersectionality and Supporting Women of Color
- 10:00 – 10:45 am – Gender Inclusion for the Trans & Non-Binary Community
- 11:00 – 11:45 am – Things to Know About Title
March 12th – 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Collaborative Conversations provide a facilitated space for critical discussion on persistent challenges, gaps, and areas of contention with respect to how CSU should be addressing gender equity and inclusion. With support from the Center for Public Deliberation, the Collaborative Conversations will provide feedback and input from multiple perspectives to help inform all gender-related activities the following year.